Electrical Engineer – Sensor Specialist
We are seeking a motivated candidate with a strong interest in analog instrumentation design, and in interfacing varieties of transducers and sensing systems to wearable sensor constructs. The candidate will be working with the hardware development team and directly with senior management to evolve the existing product platform to capture new market spaces and to translate advanced research ideas into commercial products. The company embraces a cross-disciplinary approach towards engineering and is focused on developing flexible wearable constructs that fuse multi-sensing modalities, which include neural/EMG sensing, inertial sensing, force sensing, and pressure distribution technologies. Candidates must have a strong background in electrical engineering, a proven track record of solving multi-disciplinary challenges and must exhibit a strong passion for engineering. The position will require exploratory activities to inform research projects, as well as delivering on key tasks for existing products being manufactured and in distribution. Strong communication and documentation skills are required. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated affinity for analytical thinking, pragmatic problem-solving and hands-on understanding of design processes.
- Explore instrumentation circuits and designs to optimize sensor performance
- Design and build prototypes for research projects and new product concepts.
- Perform validation activities on new body worn sensors currently under development.
- Debug and resolve performance challenges in circuit designs and in manufacturing processes
- Help evolve and maintain sensor manufacturing sytsems
- Assist the engineering and research teams in data gathering experiments and data analysis and reporting.
The Candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate electrical engineering program.
- Have a strong command of electronics and electrical concepts
- Have a strong interest in all aspects of product design from ideation through release.
- Be comfortable working with computer aided design (CAD) software for circuit simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems independently
- Have strong communication and documentation skills
Have some prior internship or co-op experience in industry