R&D Engineers at Delsys apply scientific and engineering principles to create innovative, human-centric technology to meet the needs of clinicians and researchers within the fields of human movement and rehabilitation sciences. This role is involved in many of our projects spanning the development of next-generation neural interface technology, autonomous computer vision algorithms for tracking human movement, computational methods to improve the clinical assessment of voice disorders, and quantitative techniques to enhance access to alternative communication.
The position of R&D Engineer requires a broad set of analytical and technical skills in the fields of signal processing, machine learning, algorithm development, performance verification, and error analysis. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work closely with a dedicated team of developers, scientists, clinical collaborators, and other engineers at Delsys to gain extensive experience translating innovative research solutions to the marketplace. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate an aptitude for managing complex projects and can solve problems independently.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and clinicians to design technology for evaluating human movements, including exercise & gait, daily living activities, and speech/voice
- Design and implement signal processing methods to process information from physiological signals acquired during various human movements
- Create signal processing and computer vision algorithms for pattern recognition and characterization of speech, biomechanics, and control of human movement
- Currently pursuing or have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in robotics, engineering (computer, electrical, biomedical), computer science, or similar degree program
- Fluent in Python or another high-level language (e.g., Java, MATLAB)
- Demonstrated ability for problem-solving and critical thinking
- Experience with signal processing concepts and techniques
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and frameworks
To apply for this job please visit delsys.com.